U.S. Department of State: U.S. Passport General Information
Please Note: The U.S. Department of State has increased the overnight delivery fee to $14.85 effective January 27, 2014.
What to Bring With You to the McKinney or Plano Office
- Form DS-11 completed but NOT SIGNED. You must sign it with a clerk present.
- Evidence of US Citizenship (certified copy). If using U.S. birth certificate, please be sure it has a file date, full name of applicant, date and place of birth, full name of parents, and a signature and seal.
- Identification (current passport, driver license, government issued ID, military ID, or recently issued naturalization certificate)
- Photocopy of Identification – must be front and back on same side of a single sheet
- Separate Payments for all applicable fees
As an acceptance facility, the District Clerk’s Office must have separate payments for each of the U.S. Department of State passport fees. These payments will be forwarded with each individual application to the Department of State. Please be prepared with individual payments for each application being submitted. The processing fee for the District Clerk’s Office must be made separately.
State Department fees may be found on the Travel.State.Gov website.
NOTE: The U.S. Department of State passport fee must be in a separate Check or Money Order only (One check or money order per application please). No cash or credit cards are accepted for any U.S. State Department fee.
The Passport Offices accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Cash, In-State Checks, and Money Orders for the District Clerk’s $25.00 processing fee. Credit cards are accepted ONLY for the District Clerk $25.00 processing fee.
We Take Passport Photos
For your convenience, the District Clerk’s Office offers a passport photo service for an additional fee of $10.00 which may be paid with cash, in-state check, money order or credit card. We will take the required photo while you’re here and immediately provide it to be submitted with your passport application. No waiting!