The Department of Homeland Security:
- Plans for, directs and coordinates responses to, and recovers from disasters and
- Conducts threat and vulnerability assessments to mitigate the effects of natural,
technological, environmental, and intentional incidents.
- Builds coalitions and collaborates with public safety, non-profit organizations,
community stakeholders, and private sector partners to develop, implement, and respond
to security and emergency concerns.
- Designs and conducts exercises and drills to improve emergency preparedness
planning and response.
- Manages state and federal grant funding for emergency management, homeland
security, and public health preparedness programs.
The Department of Homeland Security’s is comprised of:
- North Central Texas Fusion Center
- Emergency Management
- Public Health Emergency Management
- Fire Marshal’s Office
- Courthouse Security